A checklist for social media strategy and planning
Building a business through social media is easier when you have clear objectives and a structured plan. Here’s the checklist we developed for our social media workshops.
- Decide on your objectives
Raise awareness, increase sales, build loyalty?
- Research your audience
Likes, needs, media preferences
- Use the competition
Consider what works, where, how often, original vs curated
- Assess which networks work best for you
Size, target audience
- Start small, one network at a time
Invest time and measure progress before moving on
- Build relevant content
- Put together a social media calendar
– consistency is key to engagement
– free and paid for
- Monitor and evaluate
Social insights and analytics
Remember, social media is not just about money; long term sales are better than short.